Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grace

It amazes me all we have to do to become verified parents. I am also convinced having one on your own is just too simple. It too should come with required reading, forms, documentation, trainings, inspections, guidelines, rule books, case workers, fingerprinting, background checks, applications, the list goes on. Aren't we lucky to serve such a gracious God who does not ask or require any of these things to receive the baby many of you are holding today? The very creator who created you loves you so much He breathed life into your womb. You had no forms, no requirements, no stipulations. As I held my precious one day old niece today, I thought about how Amber and Jason were changed forever, all because of one breath. My oldest sister was given twins, when the doctors said she would have none. My two oldest nieces were given to us and we were never the same. If God wasn't the author of these lives and ours, none of these births would have mattered, would have been precious, would have affected us at all. I think about this daily as we are filling out a form, reading the pages of a book, or anticipating the "next step". I am so humbled to be doing this. I don't know who God has appointed for us in this first placement. He knew from the minute he/she was created we would be apart of their life forever. He thought so much of us and them, He set into motion our meeting. It is much easier for God to breath life into my womb, but there is someone who needs us right now. There is a prayer going to be prayed, if it hasn't already and we are the answer to it. I in turn, will be praying for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment