Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Help Wanted: Full time mommy

I have fallen in love with 3 beautiful children that are not my own. Not only are they not mine, I have to return them to their "rightful owners" in a few short weeks. This experience has left me with a heart heavy in a way I have not felt in years. As the days draw to a close it has become obvious to Dustin and I both that we are happiest with a house full of children. I can't imagine having just one! I know, crazy right? But, when you have had 3 for the past 9 months, one seems so quiet, so easy, so normal.

Which leads me to the topic of this blog. We are evaluating our income, outcome, space, life, to decide how and when I will leave my teaching career and be a full time mommy. Not a mommy of one, but a mommy of many. We want to foster full time, which means, one of us will have to stay home. What is the difference from now you ask? Simple, we will be able to take in more and more often than if we were both working. There is so much that must be done in the first month of a placement it is extremely difficult to do it around a work schedule. Depending on how many kids you take in at a time, you are looking at more time. As an added perk, if your placement gets to go home, you can take a new one freely. The way it is right now, we can only take placements over the summers. We got lucky with our first placement in that they are a sibling group and we had do everything at one time. But, if we only get one at a time, then that is where scheduling gets difficult.

We are waiting on timing. If I have it my way I would not  return for the next school year, but we still aren't sure about God's timing. I could list the ever growing number of things God has asked us to do in His time and every time we were blessed beyond measure and understanding. We don't move until He says to. We often think about when we first moved back to Springtown. Dustin had a job, I did not, we didn't have a place to live, but we moved in faith and with the knowledge that He doesn't ask you to trust and then leave you hanging on a limb. We soon were both employed, had a wonderful place to live and we have continued to see God's blessing on our lives. We are precisely at this place again. Waiting on Him to say jump, and then without fear take a leap into yet another HUGE change in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment