Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting for Judah

So with summer here and plenty of time to be had, little man's nursery is complete and his momma is officially bored. To break up the mundane day, here is his nursery and for those of you who care with a description of what each is.


Here is my favorite wall in the nursery. I took my two favorite pages from Where the Wild Things Are and mod-podged them onto yellow canvases. The one on the left reads, "and made him king of all the wild things." The middle piece I did a couple of years ago when we started praying for our baby. My mom's favorite book was Love You Forever, it is an owl twist on the classic line. On the tiny bookshelf is a collection of knick-knacks and books. D carefully sorted his toys into each bin, we will see how long that lasts.


This rocker has been with D for many years and he is finally able to put it in his baby's nursery. The art on the wall is from my school baby shower, it reads "You make me happy when skies are grey" the first part of the song is on the other wall. Notice the mustache and monocle? Yep, I couldn't resist!


Here is his sweet bed, ignore the halfway tied bumper pad, I got lazy when I realized I still had to put on the crib skirt. The drawings on either side of his name are from his Grammy and Aunt Jenny. Notice the HUGE lion on the floor? Target clearance.


Here is where I turned genius when we had our foster placement. I took the doors off of the closet and pushed the dresser inside for more room in the bedroom part. Add changing pad and now the space is functional. Above the closet is the blessing of Judah from Genesis that D painted. The giant lion print is from Judah's Grammy and Poppie. They bought it at some estate sale. Placed the coordinating colors of bins on top for storage and everything now has a home.


I painted the fronts of the drawers with chalkboard paint so I could label where everything goes. Also eliminates the whole "where does this go?" question when the hubs is putting away laundry. See the cute surfboard rug? We got it in Galveston on our "babymoon".


Nothing does the room as much justice as when you actually come over and see it (like when you come and snuggle my sweet baby, you can check it out). It is my favorite place in the house, if only there were a bed in here so I could nap in the afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment